Hotels&Human Grup is looking for an Accounting Manager Hotel
The Accounting Manager will play a crucial role in the (pre-) opening process. As part of the management team and in close cooperation with the Head Office in Amsterdam, you will be responsible for setting up the finance department. After opening, the Accounting Manager is responsible for all operational administration and reporting of the hotel and restaurant(s) in compliance with corporate standards and local regulations, including purchase, store and cost control..
- Set up the accounting department by establishing (finance) policies and processes in compliance with EHPC standards and local tax and reporting regulations.
- Advice and implement new and/or optimize current bookkeeping system.
- Liaise and set up of accounts with (local) suppliers.
- Consult with Head Office about (outsourcing) the tax.
- Monitor the pre-opening budget and inventory.
- Ensure day to day bookkeeping including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll as well as for purchase and store, including cost control.
- Ensure the income audit and revenues.
- Inventory control and book/check supplier invoices.
- Responsible for purchase and store, including cost control.
- Authorize payments for the hotel and restaurant(s) together with the Finance Director.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Monthly P&L reporting of the hotels and restaurant(s).
- Responsible for monitoring performance of the hotel and restaurant(s) compared to budget.
- Pro-actively communicate major deviations to the General Manager and EHPC Finance Director.
- Reporting to EHPC Finance Director according to corporate standards ehpc.com.
- Preparation works for year-end closing according to legal and corporate standards.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Participate in hotel meetings and budget sessions.
- Preparation of the hotel budgets together with the General Manager under supervisionof the Finance Director.
- Regional Cash flow management under supervision of the Finance Director.
IT & Systems
- Ensure professional and efficient utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Manage the operational insurances under supervision of the Finance Director.
- Bachelor degree in finance management/business administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial environment, preferably hotel industry, out
of which 3 years in an (assistant) manager position.
- Proven experience in (pre)openings & take overs.
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase
ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
- Solid knowledge of national/local tax and reporting regulations.
- Native Spanish speaker with excellent English skills, both verbally and written.
- Self-starter with ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Experience with IT systems customary to the hotel & restaurant industry is a plus.
- Management reporting, including commentary on results.
HOTELS & HUMAN GRUP … your human resources consulting